Mitochondrial Diseases Conference 2022: the Late-Breaking News abstract submission is now open
This is your chance to be actively involved in the Mitochondrial Diseases Conference!
Submit now your abstract for a Late-Breaking News and share with the entire Mito Community knowledge and research progress.
The Late Breaking News session is a news of the this year MitoConference edition and will be presented on Saturday 8 October 2022. The session consists in the presentation of an important topic of scientific relevance that has occurred most recently and that can be considered as “breaking news” by the time of the Mito Conference.
The Late Breaking News call will close on 26 September 2022.
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts must be submitted in English in a Word file format.
- Abstracts must contain the name(s) and affiliations of all author(s)/speaker(s)
- In case of different authors, please indicate the name of the ‘presenting author’ and his email address.
- Provide a short specific title indicating the nature of the investigation. The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader. The methods and results must contain data, and the conclusions should be clearly expressed.
- The title may not exceed 250 characters including spaces. The abstract text may not be longer than 2500 characters (ca. 300 words) including spaces, excluding disclosures.
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: Primary Mitochondrial Disorders (PMDs).
- Use generic drug names.
- Abstracts from commercial entities are not admitted.
- Disclosure of potential conflict of interest (e.g. grant support, consultancy, membership on advisory councils, speaker’s bureau) by all authors and source of funding are mandatory. Each listed author should prepare a one sentence statement that will be published with the abstract.
- Please, make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Deadline for abstracts submission
Abstracts should be sent by 26 September only by email to email@example.com indicating in the subject of the email “Late Breaking News Abstract Submission” and enclosing a form with details of the contact person (name, surname, email, telephone).
Three abstracts will be selected for a 15-minute oral communication (10+3 of Q&A) during the “Late-breaking news” session. Other potential interesting abstracts will be accepted as a Poster presentation.
The presenting author must register and attend the Conference, virtually or in presence. Oral communication should be sent in PowerPoint-slides format by October 6th.
Each abstract will be reviewed by at least 3 external experts and final selection will be made by the Scientific Programme Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email by 30 September 2022.
If you have questions regarding abstracts or need assistance, please contact the abstract team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Guidelines here